Volunteering can be a very rewarding experience, and anyone from the age of 16 can become a volunteer at The Bridge MPS. Through guidance and training we will help you to develop practical skills and gain qualifications that can support routes in to further education and career development.
If you are interested in volunteering with The Bridge please read through the information below or give us a call on 01656 647 891.
People choose to volunteer for a variety of different reasons. For some, volunteering offers the chance to give something back to their community or make a difference to fellow community members. For others, volunteering provides an opportunity to develop new skills or build on existing experience and knowledge.
Regardless of the what motivates people to undertake volunteering opportunities, the shared experiences can be both challenging and very rewarding.
Opportunities for Volunteers.
- Group support sessions (helping youth workers and tutors)
- Mentoring/befriending (supporting young people in groups)
- 1-2-1 mentoring (opportunities to mentor young persons on a 1-2-1 basis)
- Group leader (organising activities with the youth programme)
- Administration (assisting and supporting staff in an office environment)
- Reception (handling phone calls and greeting people)
- Marketing (designing leaflets and posters etc.)
- Fundraising (organising events and opportunities)
- Cleaning/caretaking (alongside staff members)
- Gardening (learn new skills alongside a trained gardener)
- Customer service (serving the public in our coffee bar)
- Finance (learn how the finance department works and undertake administration activities)
- Food preparation (assist in the preparation of food and beverages in our level 5 rated kitchen in The Zone)
- Translation (use your language skills)
If you would like to know more information about our volunteer programme please give us a call on 01656 647891 or email us at email@example.com.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at The Bridge please feel free to complete and submit the form listed below, selecting “Volunteering” from the ‘I’m interested in’ drop-down box, together with details of your hire dates and requirements in the ‘more information’ section and a member of the team will get in touch with you to arrange further.